MODELLING AND SIMULATION IN SECURE MOBILE CLOUD COMPUTING (ModSimSMCC)
Special Issue in Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory
CALL FOR PAPERS
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES
Cloud computing is recognized as a cost-effective paradigm in outsourcing infrastructure, platforms and software. The problems related to privacy and security are still challenging, especially in mobile cloud systems. Cloud end-users are now using mobile systems for applications that fall under the data intensive paradigm, such as Skyline queries, streaming information relays, and crowdsourced disaster management. However, the above paradigm shift has opened newer research directions in security, data interoperability, sustainable software development and many other areas.
This special issue encompasses practical approaches that advance research in all aspects of handling large amounts of data in a secure manner in the cloud, mobile nodes and cloud connected Edge clusters such as in MANETs and Wireless Sensor Networks. Successful contributions may range from advanced technologies, applications and innovative solutions for secure clouds, to development of methods, conceptual and theoretical models, secure management, monitoring, scheduling and resource allocation and showcase the role of modeling and simulation in these domains.
The publication topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Simulation of mobile edge computing applications
- Security-aware Modelling and simulation in distributed computing
- Mobile systems for security-aware data gathering and assimilation
- Mobile edge and fog secure models and infrastructures
- Modelling and simulation of the mobile secure multi-agent systems
- Secure Machine learning-based models and simulators of mobile clouds
- Advanced security and privacy mechanisms in smart phones and tablets
- Scalable identity and authentication protocols in mobile systems
- Security aware resource allocation and scheduling in mobile networks
- Secure communication in Smart Grid installations using Mobile Ad Hoc Network protocols
- Wireless Sensor Node applications for Smart Grid
- Wireless communication
- Secure 5G applications for Smart Grid
- Economical models in secure mobile networks
- Secure mobile network applications
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Submitted manuscripts should present original contributions and must not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. All papers will be peer reviewed according to the high standards of the Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory Elsevier journal. Please, indicate clearly the corresponding author and include up to 6 keywords from the above list of topics and an abstract of no more than 400 words. Each paper will receive a minimum of three reviews. Papers will be selected based on their originality, relevance, technical clarity and presentation.
Manuscripts should be submitted online through the Editorial Manager (EM) submission system at the following link:
Authors must select “VSI: ModSimSMCC” as article type.
Paper Submissions: ——————————————- October 10, 2021
1st Notification of Initial Decision: ————————– November 2021
Manuscript Revision Due:————————————- January 2022
Final Manuscripts Due:: ————————————— May 10, 2022
Expected Publication Date: ————————————Fall 2022
SPECIAL ISSUE GUEST EDITORS